I am starving and the pictures of this dish are killing me ;-). No, seriously I’d better go make dinner! I really wish I had started this dish earlier today. I’ll have to make sure it goes in the rotation this week. Tara of We Got Real brings us this hearty, filling and easy to make dish. You pretty much just put everything in the crockpot turn it on and forget about it all day. Then when you get home make the sauce, make some rice or noodles, a buttered veggie and you’re done!
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Recipe by Tara of We Got Real
- 1 bone in chuck roast
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp sea salt (if broth is salted, only use 1 tsp.)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp organic Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder or non-GMO cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- A good sized crockpot. I have 2 of these vintage corning crockpots
- A good knife – I have these knives, so does Sally Fallon Morrell
- Place chuck roast, beef broth, salt, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- After elapsed time, remove roast, shred, and set aside.
- Crank up heat on crockpot to high.
- Mix together sour cream and arrowroot or cornstarch.
- Whisk into hot liquid.
- Return meat to hot liquid and cover for about 5-10 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Serve over hot egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Makes 8 1 cup servings
Tara is a lover of Jesus, devoted wife, a mom of two little ones and an avid DIYer. Her passions lie in teaching others about real food, homemaking, health, simple living, sharing and living the Gospel, gardening, and the discipling of children.
"This is not one of those cookbooks you buy for the nice pictures and keep on your coffee table. This is a project manual. Fermentation is something you have to experience to understand, and Katz give you absolutely everything you need to get started. "
This post is shared at: Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Make Your Own! Monday, Thank Goodness its Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, Homestead Barn Hop, Hearthfelt Hopes, Fat Tuesday, Tuned In Tuesday, The Gathering Spot, Real Food Wednesday, Party Wave Wednesday, Works-for-Me WEDNESDAY, Tasty Traditions, Thank Your Body Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Fight Back Friday, Unprocessed Friday, Old-Fashioned Fridays, Natural Family Friday, Independence Days Challenge, Homestead Barn Hop, Mostly Homemade Monday, Thank Goodness its Monday, Hearthfelt Hopes, Make Your Own! Monday, Clever Chicks Blog Hop