This soup is an easy to make wintertime favorite. If you keep both broth and cooked beef in the freezer you can whip up a batch of this rich satisfying soup in no time flat! I save the bits of meat from soup bones in the freezer just for this dish. Sometimes I have some extra browned ground beef frozen instead. I make it often for lunch when I’m working at home. It’s a pretty satisfying dinner soup too.
It’s also excellent made with a bit of sausage instead of the beef :-).
Beef Vegetable and Rice Soup
Recipe Type: Main Dish
Prep Time: 5 minutes – PT5M
Cook time: 20 minutes – PT20M
Yield: 8 servings
- Cooked Beef, any kind – 1 lb
- Rice – 1 Cup
- Beef Broth – 4-8 Cups – Use what you have then add water.
- Onion – 1 Large
- Carrots – 3-4
- Refined Coconut Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – To Taste
- Dutch oven, large saucepan or stockpot.
- Cut up the onion and carrots.
- Place in the pot with the coconut oil and cook on high heat till the onions are slightly translucent.
- Pour in the broth. Add the cooked beef and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer. Add the rice. Ensure the liquid covers everything well. If there isn’t enough broth to cover just a some water.
- Let cook on low heat for about 20 minutes. Add salt to taste.
This post is shared at Simple Lives Thursday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Old Fashioned Friday, Fight Back Friday, Make Your Own Monday, The Homestead Barnhop, Made By You Monday, Fat Tuesday, Show Me What Ya Got, Party Wave Wednesday, Works for me Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday and Real Food Wednesday.
Talk With Us!
Granny LOVES a great discussion! A thoughtful, in-depth look from all angles benefits us all. If you disagree let us know! But please remember you're in Granny's house and be respectful of that. If you wouldn't say it in your Grandma's hearing please don't say it here! No name-calling or foul language. Those comments that don't respect Granny's home will be deleted.