Look ya’ll, I don’t have much time. I know you don’t either so let’s make this quick ;-).
Are you looking for quick pick-me-up drink for cold weather days? Sick of coffee or just want replace with something that is actually good for you rather than just kinda neutral maybe even bad for you? Want to pass on the hot chocolate mixes filled with unpronounceable ingredients? I suggest real hot chocolate made very simply with real milk, cocoa powder and honey! Just 3 ingredients so it’s super easy!
When the weather is chilly I make this a couple of times a day. Sometimes even more, if I’m really hunkering down to work on the computer for the day. It’s a great way to drink your milk!
3 Ingredient Super Easy Homemade Hot Chocolate
Recipe Type: Beverage
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 servings
- Whole Milk, preferably raw – 1 mug full
- Cocoa – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Small Saucepan
- Use the mug you’d like to drink from to measure the milk, leaving a little extra room at the top. Pour in saucepan.
- Turn the burner to a med-low setting.
- While the milk is heating measure 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp on cocoa. Put them in your cup … don’t worry about being precise, just use the spoon you’ll stir with.
- When you see little bubbles around the edge of the pan your milk is ready. Pour it in the cup.
- Mix the cocoa and honey in. There will most likely be a few bits of floating cocoa. Just kinda press them against the side with the spoon … they’ll get mixed in.
So very easy you can make a cup just as quick as from a mix. So go ahead, feel great about your hot cocoa snack!
Check out these slightly fancier versions:
- A very nutritious hot chocolate recipe from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
- Gnowfgin’s hot chocolate version has some vanilla and just a bit of coffee for bite!