I am starving and the pictures of this dish are killing me ;-). No, seriously I’d better go make dinner! I really wish I had started this dish earlier today. I’ll have to make sure it goes in the rotation this week. Tara of We Got Real brings us this hearty, filling and easy to make dish. You pretty much just put everything in the crockpot turn it on and forget about it all day. Then when you get home make the sauce, make some rice or noodles, a buttered veggie and you’re done!
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- 1 bone in chuck roast
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp sea salt (if broth is salted, only use 1 tsp.)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp organic Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder or non-GMO cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- A good sized crockpot.
- A good knife.
- Place chuck roast, beef broth, salt, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- After elapsed time, remove roast, shred, and set aside.
- Crank up heat on crockpot to high.
- Mix together sour cream and arrowroot or cornstarch.
- Whisk into hot liquid.
- Return meat to hot liquid and cover for about 5-10 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Serve over hot, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Makes 8 – 1 cup servings
Recipe courtesy of Tara Buss – We Got Real