This soup is an easy to make wintertime favorite. If you keep both broth and cooked beef in the freezer you can whip up a batch of this rich satisfying soup in no time flat! I save the bits of meat from soup bones in the freezer just for this dish. Sometimes I have some extra browned ground beef frozen instead. I make it often for lunch when I’m working at home. It’s a pretty satisfying dinner soup too.
It’s also excellent made with a bit of sausage instead of the beef :-).
Easy Beef Vegetable and Rice Soup
- 1 lb Cooked Beef (any kind)
- 1 Cup Rice
- 4-8 Cups Beef Broth (Use what you have and then use water for the rest)
- 1 large Onion
- 3-4 Carrots
- 1 tbsp Refined Coconut Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Cut up the onion and carrots.
- Place in the pot with the coconut oil and cook on high heat till the onions are slightly translucent.
- Pour in the broth. Add the cooked beef and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer. Add the rice. Ensure the liquid covers everything well. If there isn’t enough broth to cover just a some water.
- Let cook on low heat for about 20 minutes. Add salt to taste.
The Conversation is Happening on YouTube
While comments are off on the blog, they are open on YouTube. Drop by and let us know what you thought!Granny's Vital Vittles on YouTube