This soup is an easy to make wintertime favorite. If you keep both broth and cooked beef in the freezer you can whip up a batch of this rich satisfying soup in no time flat! I save the bits of meat from soup bones in the freezer just for this dish. Sometimes I have some extra browned ground beef frozen instead. I make it often for lunch when I’m working at home. It’s a pretty satisfying dinner soup too.
It’s also excellent made with a bit of sausage instead of the beef :-).
Easy Beef Vegetable and Rice Soup
- 1 lb Cooked Beef (any kind)
- 1 Cup Rice
- 4-8 Cups Beef Broth (Use what you have and then use water for the rest)
- 1 large Onion
- 3-4 Carrots
- 1 tbsp Refined Coconut Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Cut up the onion and carrots.
- Place in the pot with the coconut oil and cook on high heat till the onions are slightly translucent.
- Pour in the broth. Add the cooked beef and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer. Add the rice. Ensure the liquid covers everything well. If there isn’t enough broth to cover just a some water.
- Let cook on low heat for about 20 minutes. Add salt to taste.