This set-it-and-forget-it crockpot meal is sure to please the guys in particular this fall. But then who doesn’t enjoy a hot steaming bowl of comforting chili on a cool night! In a nutshell all you do here is brown the meat on the stove, add the remaining ingredients and pour into your slow cooker. Then turn it on and when you get back home you’ll have a hot meal at the ready. Just make a buttered veggie and add rice or a good bread on side and you’re done!
Two Meat Crockpot Chili
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder (Hot Hungarian is best)
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Flax Seed Meal ((optional))
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds ((optional))
- 1 tbsp Butter (Coconut Oil is fine too)
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped coarsely)
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper
- 1-2 Small Hot Red Peppers ((optional))
- 1 15oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 28oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Chopped Carrots
- Brown the ground meats in a large cast iron skillet, over medium heat, in the oil, butter or ghee.
- Once browned, drain off any excess fat, and add in all of the spices and flax meal.
- Mix together, and add in the diced tomatoes and fresh vegetables, thoroughly incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour the contents of the cast iron skillet into your large crock pot.
- Add in the tomato sauce and chia seeds, and thoroughly mix together.
- Cook in the crock pot on low for 5-6 hours